blogwp
Saturday, October 14, 2006
When we were much younger, they always say that the working society is brutal. You never really understood much of it, until you step into one. Saying its brutal is an understatement.

I was never cut out for accounting. After close to 16 years of studying and hating all my accounting modules, I've landed myself in the field of accounting and finance of which I often wondered : "why didn't I just take up degree in accounting and finance?"

Debits and Credits were aliens to me back in poly and university days. Simply cannot comprehend why debit this and why credit that.
But now!
I know that when we receive stocks, we debit stocks and credit trade creditors.
I know that we first do up a PO, have a SO, bring forward the goods with a GRN & DO then close it with an invoice.
I know that we base credit terms on the day we receive the invoice, and not on invoice date.

A thousand and one things to learn and I'm still learning. Sad to say, it all comes with a price. The price is having a zillion knives plunged into your back. This current job is really not bad. What more can you ask for when your colleagues are one bunch of crazy people who cracks hilarious jokes everyday? Most importantly, we all just ask for a good boss.

Yet amongst all these, are people who have too much free time on their hands. They talk bout how you're a bitch, how evil you are and how "not-simple" you can be. The best part is you worked less than 3 months. They all judge on their first 3 impressions. You don't pass that? You're going to be the next up-coming bitch alive.

Have to admit that it really hit me quite hard the first few times I actually realized I got stabbed. Then again, after the 3rd time, I decided it was going to be the norm. Everywhere you go.

People also say that life will change after you find a job and step into the working society. Expectation of yourself change, your lifestyle changes, suddenly whatever it is now may not be WYSIWYG. Even the people at home treats you better because of the new monthly income.

Today, as I sat at my colleague's grandma's wake. I saw the change. My circle of friends are no longer the same. These group of people are those that I see everyday, those that hear me bitch bout work, those that offer me the shoulder when they see the knife at my back, those that share the same cup of ribena during lunch. YET! They will not be the bunch of people you can sit down and share your real thoughts with. TRUST NOBODY.

It was no longer about relationships. It was about sex
It was no longer about assignments. It was about cashflow statements, profit & loss
It was no longer about "I dun friend you". It was about how she bitched about you even though you just had lunch with her 5 mins ago.
It was, as it is, all about covering your ass.

I enjoy life the way it is now, although its a lot of politics but I finish work everyday knowing ive learnt something new. I work for myself and will not have to answer to anybody who thinks I cannot splurge on my next LV wallet.

Then again, I always think that in life we will get short-changed. Somehow or rather, there will never be a time where you feel happy with EVERYTHING. We just cannot have the cake and eat the cake.

I thought to myself, are these changes good? Would you sacrifice your relationship for work? or the other way around?

i wonder.

♥♥♥
17:25
0 comments

profile
Photobucket


A person who supports the equality of women with men; A member of a feminist political movement; One who believes in the social, political, and economoical equality of the sexes; Relating to or in accordance with feminism.
talk


Photobucket




exits
Photobucket


Caron
Jolene
Xiaxue
Celine
Ernest

archives
Photobucket


October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
January 2010
March 2010
June 2010
September 2010
November 2010
April 2011
Mis-counts
Photobucket



Spinning Now
Photobucket



Lucky - Jason Mraz ft Colbie Cailat