blogwp
Saturday, November 06, 2010
57kg today :)

I still cannot get over the euphoria i experienced last week at the GE Run.
For some reasons, every year I will sign up for the GE Run and every year I will proceed to NOT make it for the run. The first year i sprained my ankle, the 2nd and 3rd year i fell sick.

This year however I was determined to make it happen and I'm so glad I did.

They always say we should have a good 8-10hrs sleep before a run, unfortunately, i did not have a good sleep - no idea why i keep waking up at 2hrs interval.
Woke up at 6am and hubby sent me down to race start point at suntec, there was a huge crowd. race started late, 18 mins after scheduled flagged off at 7am. i was yawning and feeling negative bout the run.

Race horn went off.
Crossed the start line.
Pressed the button on my Polar.

Here we go.

I was aware i need to keep a speed of 10 to be able to hit 1hr or below. i kept at that pace and did a fairly comfortable run. the daily 5km runs helped with half the distance but at 8km, i was feeling tired.

i was reading a book the night before. The Extra Mile by Pam Reed.
She said:

"Nothing that I have ever done in my life that has been easy has been worth it. The harder it is, the more satisfaction I get"

Believe it or not, i chanted that for the next 2km. I kept telling myself - seriously its 2km, how difficult!

At 9.5km, just before the turning into the finishing point, i caught a glimpse of the timer. From far, it looked like 58:03

0_0

Normally when im approaching the finish line, the timer would have 3 sets of numerals - hrs : mins : secs
That day, it had 2 sets.

with whatever energy i had left, i sprinted to the finishing line and that could possibly have been the fastest 500m sprint ever. as i sprinted for the last 500m, i was screaming to myself inside that I REALLY WANT THIS. i crossed the finishing line, pressed the button on my polar again.

59mins 31secs.

I DID IT! i completed my 10km race in my personal best under 1 hour! at shape run, i did 1hr 7mins. at the ahm run, i did 1hr 4mins. at nike run, i did 1hr 3mins. it was so frustrating!!

but i did it, i slashed my personal best by 3mins and 30secs and i felt like crying.  i trained hard for this - i really did.

hubby was waiting for me at finish line (the night before i asked if he thinks i can finish the race under an hour, he said, of course la!), he yelled out to me, i walked over, held his hands and said "i did it." he replied, "i told you!"

:)

one week later today, i still cannot get over it. reminiscing it makes me smile to myself. this is something nobody can take away from me.
life is good. haha. :))

♥♥♥
21:59
0 comments

profile
Photobucket


A person who supports the equality of women with men; A member of a feminist political movement; One who believes in the social, political, and economoical equality of the sexes; Relating to or in accordance with feminism.
talk


Photobucket




exits
Photobucket


Caron
Jolene
Xiaxue
Celine
Ernest

archives
Photobucket


October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
January 2010
March 2010
June 2010
September 2010
November 2010
April 2011
Mis-counts
Photobucket



Spinning Now
Photobucket



Lucky - Jason Mraz ft Colbie Cailat